Monday, May 25, 2009

Our Daily Bread



At last! I have successfully made BREAD!!! I have unsuccessfully made bread many many times. Ooooooooh!!! I am extremely impressed with myself.

If you have never attempted bread making before, let me tell you the first thing you need to know. CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULE. Every time I have made bread, whether the results be good or bad, it was an all day engagement.













  • First you assemble and mix all the ingredients (20 min).




  • After mixing the initial ingredients, you let the dough sit until it becomes "big and bubbly" (30 min)




  • Then you knead in even more flour (15 min).




  • Next, you put your gorgeous and slightly sticky dough into a greased bowl, cover it with a cup towel and let it "rise". This is an unexact amount of time. The dough needs to double in size. Todays dough took about (1.5 hours).




  • After the dough is sufficiently......doughy, you "punch" it down and divide it into the correct number of loaves. Today, I made 3.




  • Now, you place each loave into its own greased pan and allow it to rise AGAIN. (30 min).

Then, at last, the dough is ready to become bread!! Put your loaves into the oven and soon (another 30 min) you have beautiful, fresh, wholesome, delicious, preservative-free, home made bread.







Wow, imagine how much longer this would take if I had to grind my own flour.













1 comment:

  1. LOL I have some recipes for you. Win and I made this daily for about 2 months here! Isn't it fun!

    ReplyDelete