Monday, March 7, 2011

Dandelion Tea




I came this close to buying Dandelion Tea the other day. Truly, I was about to pay money for it. Then I heard my Granna's voice in my head. Cussing me for wasting money on buying weeds. So, I came home and looked it up online and made it myself! I get what I want, save money, and Granna's little voice inside my head is happy. I like to make the voices happy now and then.
I felt a little guilty about keeping these prime dandelion greens to myself (the chickens usually get dibs) but then realized that with the copious amounts of of it growing in our garden, there really was more than enough to go around.

After picking and washing, I layed them out on the drying racks (wonderful and beautiful window screens I bought from a demolition sale for $1 each) and let them set for about a week. Along with the leaves, the tea recipe calls for dandelion roots. I looked at about 10 different recipes and this is what I came up with....
1 tsp. dandelion leaves and root per cup of boiling water.

See how simple!!! Dandelion is likely an excellent digestive aid and is used as a tea to cleanse the liver. But I just like the taste and the fact that its FREE!!








No comments:

Post a Comment